Sunday, April 17, 2016

We got a "PASS"

Friday night Brad and I both stayed up with Anthony.  After getting the news that Anthony needed longer treatment, I didn't want to be left alone.


In the morning a doctor said to us "I hear you are getting a pass to go home in between Anthony's treatment?"

We had very briefly talked about it on Friday, but hey, if they are going to give us a green light to go home for a few hours, we will gladly take it!

My brother was in town and has been a huge help to us.







He drove up to pick us up and we carefully loaded Anthony in the car.  I made sure that the car seat was cleaned, Nicholas was bathed and Anthony was wearing a face mask before we headed outside the hospital walls.







When we pulled up to the house Nicholas was "doing bubbles" and had no intention to look at his brother.

But as soon as I picked him up to see Anthony, he dove in and hugged him.



It was pretty special.

As a family we walked around the house re introducing Anthony to everything.  Lead by Nicholas, we showed him his nursery, Nicholas' room, the toy room etc.  We celebrated Nick's birthday with Anthony too.  Anthony was all smiles.  I think he was pretty happy to be home!




Nicholas put on his super hero gear and was ready to protect his baby brother all over again.





It felt SO good to have our family home.

I can't wait for more days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment